1 cup sorghum flour
1 cup potato starch (not potato flour) or tapioca starch
1/2 cup organic millet flour
2 tsp xanthan gum
1 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
1 cup water at 110 to 115ºF.
1/2 cup plain hemp, soy or almond milk (110 to 115ºF)
1 pinch of raw sugar
2 1/2 tsp dry active yeast
4 tbsp light olive oil
2 tbsp honey or raw organic agave nectar
2 large organic free-range eggs
- Whisk together flours, xanthan gum and sea salt.
- Mix warm water and milk. Add sugar and yeast and mix well. Set aside until yeast starts to rise.
- Add yeast to dry ingredients and add oil, honey and eggs. Mix well and let sit for a couple of minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Spoon dough into 8 muffin rings. Smooth out the tops of the dough with wet fingers.
- Bake in center of oven for 20-25 minutes until lightly golden brown.
- Remove and place on cooling rack.
- Split in half and toast for extra crispiness.
- Top with your favorite topping and enjoy!