Spaghetti Squash and Kale Cake
1 hr 35 mins
Servings: 2 servings
- ½ spaghetti squash roasted and shredded
- ½ cup kale ribs removed and roughly chopped
- ¼ cup fresh coriander leaves chopped
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 Thai chili finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons oat flour
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- Salt to taste start with about ½ teaspoon and then adjust
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon red chili powder
- Juice of half a lime
- Oil for greasing the baking sheet
1 Preheat oven to 400°F
2 Cut squash in half lengthwise and scrape out the seeds. Cut a small slice off the rounded side to stabilize the half. Place the half, cut-side up on a foil lined baking sheet. Season and coat to your liking. We recommend with a little olive oil and salt and pepper. Roast in oven for about 45 minutes or until they are fork tender. Shred squash with a fork when cooled.
3 While squash is cooking, chop kale, coriander leaves, onion, thai chili and garlic cloves
4 Grease a baking sheet with oil.
5 In a large mixing bowl, mix all ingredients with the exception of the oil.
6 Form mixture into cakes (about 2.5 inches in diameter) and place on oiled baking sheet. Drizzle each with olive oil.
7 Cook in oven for 20 minutes, then flip cakes and rotate tray and cook for another 20 minutes.
Serve with your favorite topping. We enjoy these cakes with a Greek yogurt, pesto dip.