2 15 oz. can of cooked chickpeas
2 small carrots
1 small onion
3 garlic cloves
2 tbsp lemon juice
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
½ cup Tahini
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp kosher salt
Ground black pepper & paprika (to taste)
¾ cup stone ground kamut flour
1 cup raw sunflower seeds
- Preheat oven to 375F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Roughly chop carrots and onion.
- In a food processor, process the garlic, carrot and onion. Add in the drained chickpeas, lemon juice, olive oil, tahini, cumin and salt. Process until fully mixed. Add in the 1 cup of flour and process again and lastly stir in the sunflower seeds. Season to taste with pepper and paprika.
- Spoon about 1/4-1/3 cup of batter into baking sheet, leaving about 3-4 inches between each scoop. Flatten until patty is about 1/4 inch thick (wet hands works best).
- Bake at 375°F for 20 minutes then flip the burgers and bake for another 5-10 minutes. Burgers are done when they are golden brown and slightly firm.
- Allow to cool for at least 15 minutes before serving. Enjoy alone or with your favorite hamburger bun and side of choice.