1 lime, juiced
2 Tbsp coconut aminos
2 Tbsp gluten-free, vegan teriyaki sauce
1 tsp rice wine vinegar
1 Tbsp sucanat
1/4 tsp sriracha sauce
1/2 tsp sea salt, finely ground
1/2 naval orange, juiced
1-1/2 cups quinoa, soaked and cooked
1-1/2 cups buckwheat, soaked and cooked
2 cups shiitake mushrooms, sliced
1/2 cups cashews, chopped
1 red onion, diced
1 large carrot, diced
1 cup sugar snap peas, sliced into 1/2'' pieces
6 green onions, thinly sliced
1 Tbsp fresh ginger root, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 Tbsp cilantro leaves, chopped
1-2/3 Tbsp unrefined coconut oil
2. In a medium-sized bowl, squeeze the juice of 1 lime and 1/2 naval orange. Add the remaining sauce ingredients, stir very well and set aside.
3. Chop/dice/slice the veggies, cilantro & ginger root
- Slice 2 cups shiitake mushrooms
- Dice 1 red onion
- Dice 1 large carrot
- Slice 1 cup sugar snap peas into 1/2'' pieces
- Slice 6 green onions thinly
- Mince 1 Tbsp fresh ginger root
- Mince 2 cloves of garlic
- Chop 3 Tbsp cilantro leaves
4. In a skillet or wok over medium-high heat, cook red onions and carrot with 1 teaspoon of coconut oil for 7 minutes - stirring often.
5. increase the heat of the skillet to high and add shiitake mushrooms along with the remaining coconut oil - stirring for 1 minute.
6. Add minced garlic, minced ginger and half of the green onions - stir-frying for 30 seconds.
7. Add cooked buckwheat and cooked quinoa - stir-frying for 1 minute.
8. Fold in the snap peas - stir-frying for 1 minute.
9. Add all of the sauce ingredients - folding and stirring for 1 minute or until heated.
10. Enjoy immediately topped with remaining green onions, cilantro and chopped cashews.