Quinoa Apple Pie Breakfast Bowl Recipe
1 hr 10 mins
Servings: 2 servings
- 1/2 cup quinoa unmilled
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 2/3 cup water or apple juice
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 large apple peeled and diced
- 1/3 cup raisins optional
- 3 tbsp coconut butter optional
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon or apple pie spice
- Optional milk of choice nuts, sweetener
1 Peel and dice apple.
2 In a small pot bring the water or juice to a boil then lower to a simmer. Add quinoa, apple, salt and optional raisins. Cover. Leave covered and simmer for 40 minutes. (Do not lift the lid). Turn off heat and let quinoa sit covered for an additional 20 minutes. If too thin, bring back to boil and stir until fluffy.
3 Stir in cinnamon, vanilla extract and optional nuts and coconut butter. Add a splash of milk and sweeten to your desire.